Friday, April 1, 2011

Black Whales are born white.

I don't get this life. I don't fully understand any aspect of this crazy day to day thing we do. Everyday it goes on, like a song looped on forever, a home video stuck on repeat. And some days I forget that I'm not a part of it. Some days even, I forget that this is not my home, that I serve a King that rules a kingdom that will never crumble or fade like the earth we stand on today. It breaks my heart, but I do. I forget sometimes. I feel like one can only play the "I'm only human" card so many times. Can life ever be THAT difficult to forget about the pain and suffering my Savior had to go through? Did He go through all that simply for me to take a day off and just forget, just check out for the day? All I know is that life can be absolutely terrifying, but it doesn't have to be. And even when we're scared to death, at our weakest point, we have a place to stand up under. We have a shield to call home, a shepherd to call Father. It's not about being brave or understanding. It's about knowing Him and making Him known.

No comments:

Post a Comment