Saturday, June 18, 2011

C-Beater

It's about midnight on the Saturday before Father's Day and I am thinking about my Daddy like crazy. It has been over a month since I had breakfast with him at First Watch, gone to Bern's or Datz, and even seen him. Distance can be a terrible thing. Distance, cancer, and loneliness make root canals feel like cake walks. I may seem like an awful daughter for leaving my daddy in a time like that, but we both needed to get strong on our own. And he did. He finished treatment and fought the cancer stronger than I could ever imagined. As much as I wish right now I could be hugging him and telling him how much I love him, yet knowing it's my own choice I'm this stinkin far.. I know this past month has proven to me how much a parent's love goes. Texas couldn't change it. I could book it to Timbuktu and that man would be there for me at the drop of a hat. Nothing could change anything- not distance, not family drama, not physical pain, love beats it all. My dad is living proof of that, he's not perfect but he knows how to love me better than anyone.

And to think, this is no comparison to the love and grace and everything else I get from my Savior. It seriously blows my mind. He loves ME. He died for ME? gah. And He called puny me to deliver His perfect Word?? He promises to equip me too. Amazing love; that's alll I need.

1 comment:

  1. and I have been truly blessed to have you and your sister as daughters. I love and miss you both so much. Thank you for keeping me close.

    ReplyDelete