Monday, February 1, 2010

A part of my heart.

So, I wrote this letter my junior year in high school thinking that only one other person would ever read it. Turns out, a lot of people needed to hear these words..so it's been read multiple times to lots of people. It doesn't decrease the meaning in any way. But I'm putting it out here, because for starters no one really reads this; And if they do and take the time to read this letter, hopefully it will inspire them to write one of their own!

Journey Partner,
I don't know if this day will ever come, if it's His will for me. But I pray hardest for you. That God will make you the strongest man you can be, that He will instill in you the desire for a beautiful family, a heart for missions, a kind spirit, a patient soul, and a love for Him that runs so deep in your veins you can't hide His beautiful light. I pray that God will keep you stable in times of temptations, even now as I write this. I don't know who you are, where you are, or how long it will be until God shows us to each other, but I do pray when that day of HOly Matrimony comes, I have a gift to offer you that is more precious than any stone you could ever place on my finger. You are a true follower of Christ and though the road may have been confusing, and you may have stumbled, the road that leads us to each other will be beautiful.
I know when our day comes, that gift I give to you will be more precious then, than it is right now. I pray you will be able to stand firm from all the tests you may go through that make this one day more special than any other we will ever live.
It's also my prayer that after that beautiful day we will be able to be a strong follower of Christ, as one. That we will be able to be a brighter light together than apart, and in time, we would make a family of followers of Christ; they would be little lights that grow and learn about our awesome God that develop into leaders for Christ.
My last prayer is that you are praying for me like I am praying for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment