Sunday, February 7, 2010

Eye of the storm

I'm asking Yahweh for one thing, only one thing: to live with Him in his house my whole life long. I'll contemplate His beauty, I'll study at His feet. That's the only quiet secure place in a noisy world. Psalm 27:4-5

As I read that verse for the third time I still found myself realizing it's not the one thing I'm asking for. I'm asking Him for mercies over missionaries, family and friend's health..things that aren't normally bad to be asking of the Lord. I'm praying wonderful, long prayers, but I'm not surrendering. I'm praying for others, when I need to let Him in to fix myself. If you're prayer life is anything like mine, make yourself a challenge. If I'm not talking to God throughout my day, is He really my friend? I am going to shrivel up and just sink into the mush of the world if I don't surrender my thoughts, prayers, and ultimately my life to the Lord- not just the sugar coated prayer requests and things easy to digest. Every waking moment should be praise to Him.

If we are truly surrendered then the one thing we will ask is to just study at His feet. To merely be in His presence. And we will be satisfied forever. Isn't that good enough? More than enough?

No comments:

Post a Comment