Saturday, August 16, 2014

Moving on Chapter..8?

So at this point, none of you are the LEAST bit surprised that I am on the move again!

I really cannot believe I have lived in another country for 7 months, in the middle east at that. It has been a learning experience but that is an understatement. I have learned so much about myself, my limits, my strengths- both mentally and physically, cultural and lifestyle differences. This has been hands down the greatest experience of my life and I am forever grateful for this opportunity. I am coming back to the states with a new self confidence - in my words, actions, training, and mostly in my coaching. I realize that not everyone is cut out for this kind of adventure, and even I had to cut my time a little bit short. Even so, in my time here, I have visited 3 countries on top of Kuwait, met and worked with individuals from all over the globe, and eaten SO MUCH GOOD FOOD :)

What I am taking away for myself and my future self is to simply continue to be me, not live in any molds that I don't have to, and to love fearlessly. Plain and simple. This life is no one's to dictate; if I want to live in 76 different places by the time I'm thirty, that's ok. If I want to be a crossfit coach, or in retail, or work with kids, or go to school, or be a massage therapist or a chef, or ALL of them, that's ok. I can't feel guilty for this AMAZING life I have been so blessed to live. I can tell you that I am ready to settle down (somewhat ;) ) and create and build my future. I've traveled the world, met the man of my dreams, and now I am ready to build a community and enjoy the first LONG chapter of my life. Life is way to short to be someone you don't enjoy being or live somewhere you aren't 110% made happy by. Life is too short to live in mediocrity or convince yourself you are where you want to be, doing what you want to do. If it no longer ignites your spirit, find what does! Sometimes it surprises us, sometimes we take a long time to believe it ourselves. Money, great company and security is GOOD, but life balance is even better. I wanted to be "all-in", but sometimes we can't convince our brain what our heart already knows.

Do what you love.
And if at some point you fall out of love with it, that's ok.
Find something new and stoke a whole new fire.
Life is like that, it lets you start over.
But life doesn't let you rewind and that's comforting.
Whether it's a broad jump, a hop of the pond, 27 cities in 6 months.. you're going forward.

I'm thankful for so many things coming out of this journey. God has been good to me both literally and metaphorically "in the desert". Without my faith, I'm not sure how the middle east would have been for me. I felt very alone at times, maybe even more so because my beliefs were quite scarce here. But being able to pray and start new everyday was just a comfort I never noticed before. With no local fellowship or church home for 7 months, I am grateful beyond words for a God who listens, friends and family who pray for me and also encourage me. Going home, I am going to cherish the body of Christ and the church more than I ever have. I do hate that it took having little to zero access compared to what I had such a plethora of back  home for me to understand the depth of the church and how she impacts my life. I cannot wait to worship alongside some brothers and sisters in Christ and hug some friends.

The biggest take-away I have in the aspect of my training came from my first injury. About a week before my three week long vacation, I fell down the stairs and severely sprained my ankle. So much so that I passed out afterwards and had to get a back slab cast for a week. BUMMER. It was removed when I was in England, and praise God I could walk on it for the remainder of vacation. But I couldn't train, I could hardly squat. That mentally messed me up; I had been planning on training with these amazing Chinese athletes in Beijing and now all I could do was watch. Coming off of some serious gains finally on the CompTrain and not training for 3 weeks upset me. BUT, coming home and still not being able to train was even worse. Being in pain, range of motion limited, and patience at an all time low- I wanted to quit. Training was a mental mind *&#%. But it is teaching me/has taught me, that I have to be patient and kind with myself and my body. And that pushing through pain is sometimes OK, but sometimes you gotta pump the brakes and not always just "follow the programming".


Thank you for all your love and support the past 7 months while I have been abroad. The packages, letters, messages have been a blessing. I am so excited to start my next journey, but more excited to just relax and breathe for a little bit with family and friends.
I will be home for SURE Aug 31-Sept 9... Lots of job interviews and real life to catch up on after that! I will have my old number when I am back- please reach out to me, there are so many of you I want to connect with!

Texas... I'm sorry :( I won't be seeing you soon.






No comments:

Post a Comment