Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Q8: Not Facetious

Which one is not like the others:

Move to San Antonio: May 2011
Move within San Antonio: October 2011
Move to Austin: April 2012
Move to Boca Raton: August 2012
Move to Tampa: February 2013
Move to Austin (again): August 2013
Move to Kuwait: February 2014

HOLY POOP.

It's the last one, in case you were wondering. Wanna know why it's not like the others?
Duh, it's another continent.
BUT, it's also a commitment for and to the future, not just a stepping stone to get me to part B or C of life. Ground floor of new possibilities. Threshold of opportunities. Beginning of a new role- same Coach Sasha, different game plan. Canvas for creation.
Cheers to Kuwait 2014.


Now rewind..for those of you who are just joining and hearing this for the first time:
Yes, I am moving to Kuwait. Because I was recruited for a pretty amazing opportunity doing exactly what I love to do. (If you don't know what I love to do then you are probably a really poor friend.)
No, I'm not going to get stoned there because I'm American, but thanks for asking.
Yes, it's Islamic and they wear those "head thingys" you speak of.
Yep, dry country too.
I will be there for at least a year.
Yes, a WHOLE year.
Sure, I'll miss things and people. But Austin will be here when I get back. Lululemon will be here when I get back. Crossfit will be here when I get back. Heck, even Barton Springs will be here when I get back. 'Merica ain't goin anywhere just cause I am.
Yes, I can still be a Christian there. Yes, I intend to take my faith with me (am I supposed to leave it in my seat on the place ride over or something?)
Yes, I can go to church there, be a light there, be hands and feet there and LOVE the snot out of those people. I can and will.

Capiche?!



(If you are a true friend, or just like mail, and would like to do me a HUGE favor, send me your mailing address. No, I don't have to rely on snail mail in Kuwait, but I would love to write a lot more letters before I go.) If you don't like snail mail..go home.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! You are amazing and so adventurous! Love it and envy it! Go make a huge difference in this world and have fun! I know that you will!

    ReplyDelete