Wednesday, January 16, 2013

We need prayer.

I know my last blog was incredibly happy, but right now my heart is heavy.

I have been blessed to be apart of a loving family in South Florida for the past 5 months. They have 3 children - the eldest is their biological, the middle was adopted at age 5, and the youngest was adopted as an infant. Amazing parents. They have taught me tons.

I am writing to you all tonight to bring awareness and ask for prayers. This family was prepared for everything. They read every book on "adopting the older child" the informed themselves, but ultimately didn't think it would be their child. They were wrong. Their middle son, a teen, now has attachment, behavioral, and defiance issues to start with and all the medical stuff behind it. This family has given everything for him to be successful. Done everything in their power to help him. He chooses to break their hearts and hurt them and himself.
Tonight I sit downstairs as sheriffs filter in and out of our house. Tears come to my eyes as I wonder how these parents must feel. They have poured their soul into a son who won't even claim them as parents. My heart hurts.

Please, please keep this family in your prayers. They are out of options. They are exhausted and hurting. We are all praying, pray with us.

My plug for this blog is also this: there are thousands of children that needs homes. Don't wait until it's too late. Don't wait until they have been neglected in that orphanage for so long their heart is so incredibly hardened. I know the adoptive processes are long and draining. But if God has given you the heart for an orphan, don't wait another second. If this boy had been loved and held when he was an infant, who knows who he would be right now. I don't think he'd be sitting in the back of a police car though.

No comments:

Post a Comment