Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Philippines Support! (Forward MEEE!)

What to do with this letter:
1. READ it!
2. Prayerfully consider how the Lord wants you to support me
3. Send this to your address book
4. Pray for the Philippines and the teams bringing the gospel to them!




To a sweet brother, sister, or family in Christ,

I’m sending this letter on behalf of my call to missions. For over two years now, the Lord has laid missions on my heart, but the doors have never been open for me to go- prayer and encouragement was my window to the mission field. But now, He has made a way and opened so many doors for me to be able to “go” this summer! I am in the process of preparing for a five-week trip to the Philippines with the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association. The Lord definitely picked out this trip and led me to this organization; He has orchestrated all of this perfectly. Regardless of the fact that I will not be going on this trip with friends, family, or even pastors whom I know, God has given me the assurance that this is where He wants me, and that surpasses those comforts.
In case you were wondering what in the world I would be doing for five weeks, here’s what the BTEA as to say about this trip!

“This trip is not a vacation. The long days, bumpy roads, strict schedules, and difficult assignments make this trip a strenuous one. Much physical and emotional sacrifice will be demanded of each team member. You will be called on to work from morning to night, but it will be work of purpose and accomplishment. You will have the opportunity to be part of a team of other young people and adults who will be able to present the good news of the free gift of eternal life in Christ Jesus to Filipinos at schools, film showings, markets, and other various locations. You can expect to be challenged and encouraged by the other members of your team. You will see first hand the power of God through the preaching of the gospel (Romans 1:16). God will not only do a work in the hearts of those you minister to, but He will also do a great work in your heart as well.”

I am sharing this with you, in hopes that you would give me your support for this trip. I would ask that you prayerfully consider committing to support me through prayer, both prior to and during the trip and also consider financially supporting me. God is going to provide the $5,300 I need for this trip, which is June 25-July 31! The body of Christ is an amazing thing and I know I will have so much support for my first mission trip. I want to thank you in advance for reading this and supporting me in whatever way you can. If you could, please send this letter to any brothers or sisters in Christ, or tell my story to anyone who will listen, it would be greatly appreciated!!

For financial support, which will be tax deductible,
write your check to the BTEA (with my name on the memo line) and use the addressed envelope enclosed.
OR:
My name is on their website and you can donate online here: http://www.btea.org/shorttermsupport.asp

Also, you can find me on facebook to stay up to date with trip information or go to btea.org to see everything the Bob Tebow Evangelistic Association is doing!

I thank you in advance for your prayers and your financial support. May God bless you richly!
His therefore Yours,
Sasha Arms

Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

No comments:

Post a Comment